The laparoscopical gastric bypass
Gastric bypass has been one of the most frequently performed gastric reduction methods, especially in the USA. Gastric bypass surgery is only recommended by our partner surgeon in individual cases.
Although this method has shown promise in the past, it has been and is increasingly being overtaken and replaced by gastric sleeve surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery is performed in a minimally invasive manner. The stomach is closed and severed with staples just below the esophagus. A connection between the small intestine and the remaining part of the stomach ensures that food is transported into the small intestine. The stomach is thus bypassed and is in the “bypass”.
The gastric bypass usually significantly reduces the amount of food, which means that the patient loses a lot of weight immediately after the procedure.
However, compared to gastric sleeve surgery, this method of weight-loss surgery has several disadvantages. This includes, for example, the lifelong intake of food supplements, vitamins and minerals associated with the procedure.
We will advise you personally or by telephone regarding the gastric bypass surgery in consultation with our partner surgeon
The treatment takes place after detailed information and discussion examinations by our partner surgeon and specialist in plastic surgery
You may start your new life with detailed nutritional advice – and we will stay by your side. Step by step, to the desired success.
Expected weight loss
Weight loss is fairly rapid within the first year after gastric bypass surgery. The target weight is usually reached after 18 months. With this operation you lose an average of 50% of your excess body weight. Following the recommended dietary changes will result in faster weight loss.
- Limited food intake
- Faster and long-lasting feeling of satiety
- Weight loss begins immediately after the surgery
- If the patient is very overweight, he loses 50-60% of the excess body weight
- After gastric bypass surgery, type 2 diabetes patients in particular need to take less medication or even no medication at all.
- Lifelong daily multivitamin and mineral supplement intake required
- Due to the rapid weight loss, there is a risk of gallstones
- When consuming carbohydrates or after consuming large amounts of food, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, tiredness and weakness may occur.
We do not leave you alone!
We offer psychological counseling for our weight-loss surgery customers.
Gastric bypass Costs in Turkey
from 5.550,00 €
Complete transfer service
Blood draw and laboratory costs
Post Operative follow up and emergency contact by our Partner Doctor in Germany
Medication in the hospital
Advice and support before and after the operation